About Besan-Atta-Rava Laddu
Laddus is the common item for weddings, house warmings etc. I have already put up Wheat atta laddu (Churmi laddu) in my earlier posting for Diwali. This laddu whose recipe I borrowed from my mom is the mix of the two attas and chiroti rava. It not only tastes great but its also hard to discern the contents even after you eat it !
It can be prepared in 30 minutes but to tie the same etc., in all it will consume 45 minutes
What you need to have
Chiroti rava(Thin semolina) – 1 cup 1/2 cup
Besan atta – 1/ 2 cup
Wheat atta – Around 1 cup
Pure ghee – Little more than 1/2 cup
Sugar powder – Little more than 2 cups
Cardamom – 20-25(if small)
Some Kishmish, some Cashews
Ingredients of Laddu
What you do with what you have
1. Place a wide bottomed pan with 1/3 of the pure ghee in it. On melting roast the rava on medium flame till you get a pleasant aroma and set aside. Make sure it is not burnt and/or changes colour.
2. Repeat Step 1 with Besan Atta and Wheat Atta separately.
3. Mix them all together in a bowl and heat the mixture for about 10-15 seconds while constantly stirring.
Ghee roasted mixture of the laddu
4. Heat sugar in another bowl on low flame till it becomes transparent for about 10 minutes adding pealed cardamom to it. On cooling powder it in the dry mixer.
Sugar heated with cardamom
5. On cooling, mix powdered sugar to the fried mixture from Step 3.
The laddu mixture
6. Thats your Laddu mixture – now tie the laddus adding kishmish, cashews if needed and this is how they should look –
Your laddoos are ready!
What to remember
– Sugar is heated and powdered so that laddus do not turn brittle and that they can be shaped well. Do not overheat sugar causing it to change color.
– Add ghee while roasting besan or atta in such a way that you are able to stir it freely on the flame – too little ghee will cause the spatula to struck and you will not be able to stir properly.
How long it takes: 45 minutes
Number of Laddus – 25-30