Time taken: 45 minutes
Serves – 3-4
Parsley is the world’s most popular herb. It derives its name from the Greek word meaning “rock celery” (parsley is a relative to celery). It is a biennial plant that will return to the garden year after year once it is established.The delicious and vibrant taste and wonderful healing properties of parsley are often ignored in its popular role as a table garnish. Highly nutritious, parsley can be found year round in your local supermarket.
A sprig of parsley can provide much more than a decoration on your plate. Parsley contains two types of unusual components that provide unique health benefits. The first type is volatile oil components—including myristicin, limonene, eugenol, and alpha-thujene. The second type is flavonoids—including apiin, apigenin, crisoeriol, and luteolin.
Parsley is also a rich source of Anti-oxidant nutrients too. Parsley is also for a healthy heart. It is an excellent source of vitamin K, C as well as a good source of vitamin A, folate and iron.
After knowing the goodness of this particular herb i just tried out this recipe of a one pot meal which i want to share with you all here. It really tastes excellent and so i have not used any strong masalas etc to retain the flavour of the herb.., So here goes the recipe….
What you need to have:
1. Basumati rice – 1 cup
2. Butter/Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
3. Chopped onions – 2/3 cup
4. Chopped Almonds – 1/3 cup
5. Slit green chili – 2-3(less spicy)
6. Chopped garlic pods -4-5
7. Pepper powder – 1/4 teaspoon
8. Garam masala powder – a pinch
9. Salt – as per taste
10. Chopped parsley – 1 cup(to garnish)
What you do with what you have:
1. Wash and drain water from rice and keep it aside.
2. wash, peal onions, slit green chili, peal and slit garlic pods, wash and chop parsley and also chop almonds and keep it aside.
4. When done add chopped onions and and a little salt to it. When done , add garam masala powder, pepper powder and stir for a few seconds. Finally add basumati rice from step-1 to it and add required quantity of water checking for salt and set the cooker and is done in 20 minutes. Almond-parsley pulav being cooked
5. While the pressure is released check for salt and transfer it to a serving plate garnishing it with chopped parsley and relish it with any side dish of your choice!!!Yummmmmmmmmm Ready to serve Almond-parsley pulav with Alu-mattar
Serves : 3-4
Time taken: 45 minutes
Good to remember: 1. Use as much herb as you want as per your pallot and fresh too.
2. Garnish when hot so that you get the aroma of the herb.