This chutney is really yum to relish with the Madhur Vade. This is a healthier variety since it relies on only a little coconut, with the Dalia dal being the part of the base.
What you need to have:
1. Fresh grated coconut – 2 tablespoons
2. Dalia-dal – 1 cup
3. Chopped onions – 2 tablespoons
4. Garlic pods 3-4
5. Green chili – 2-3 (normal spicy)
6. Ginger – 2″ piece
7. Bilimbi – 1(or tamarind as required)
8. Chopped cilantro – 2-3 tablespoons
9. Chopped mint leaves – 2-3 tablespoons
10. Salt – as per taste
Ingredients of Madhur vade chutney
What you do with what you have:
1. Place a spatula on low flame and just warm up Dalia dal for a while. Make sure it is not burnt but till the raw smell disappears. Transfer it to another vessel to cool down.
2. Place the same spatula with a few drops of oil in it on low flame and fry cut green chilli in it till done.
3. Transfer all the ingredients including the roast dalia dal and green chili and salt to a mixy bowl and grind it to a moderate coarse consistency. Transfer it to a serving bowl and enjoy with Madhur vade.
Ready to serve Madhur vade chutney