Serves : 2
Time taken: 20 minutes in all
Snow peas a legume . It is specifically eaten raw with its pod when it is unripe/tender. The stem and leaves of the immature plant are used in the chinese cooking , stir fried with garlic etc.., It can be grown in open fields during cool season and thus it is grown in spring and winter too. I am sharing a simple of the veggie here which is easy and healthy and kid friendly too.
What you need to have:
1 Fresh snow peas – 2 cups
2. Garlic pods -2
3. Fragrant basil leaves (dry) – 1/2 teaspoon
4. Pepper powder (fresh) – as per taste
5. Salt – as per taste
What you do with what you have:
- Prune both the ends and wash the snow peas and keep it aside.
2. Place a wide pan with a little butter in it on a medium flame. When heated add the chopped garlic pods and fry till aromatic. Sprinkle the fragrant basil dry leaves and add cleaned snow peas from step-1 to it and adding salt close the lid and cook till it is dark green and done.
Snow peas being cooked in aromatic garlic seasoning
Serves : 2
Time taken in all : 20 minutes
good to remember:
- Use fresh veggie for the dish
- It is one’s option to use butter or olive oil for the seasoning.