Makes: 8 -10 dosas
Serves : 2-3
Bread a common break fast in the modern society and is available in ample varieties in most of the cities and also in the suburbs. I have put up Bread halwa and this being the second bread recipe on this blog. This bread dosa does not even need any fermentation and can be prepared when in a hurry. One can use any bread of your choice like the whole wheat bread, multi grain bread etc.. Here it goes!!!Do give a try…..
What you need to have:
1.Whole wheat bread slices – 2
2. Semolina – 1/4 cup
3. Rice atta – 1/2 cup
4. Yoghurt -1/2 cup
5. Salt – as needed
6. Chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Ingredients of seasoning:
1. Cooking oil – 1 teaspoon
2. Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
3. Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
4. Chopped onion – 2 tablespoons
5. Chopped cilantro – to add later
6. Curry leaves – a few( to be chopped & added)
What you do with what you have:
1. Cut the corners of the bread slices and dampen it with water and squeeze out the extra water.
2. In a mixie bowl add yoghurt, rice atta, semolina Ginger and green chili. Add required quantity of water and grind it to a fine and falling consistency adding salt. Once done transfer the mix to a wide bowl.(i have used ginger paste, hence added it to the batter directly.)
3. Place a spatula with 1 teaspoon cooking oil in it on medium flame. When heated add cumin seeds, mustards to it. Once it splutters add chopped onion to it and fry till transparent and light brown in colour. Add the seasoning to the grind batter. While you make dosas check the consistency to add additional water if needed. Add chopped cilantro too. Instant bread dosa batter
4. Place a dosa skillet on medium flame splashing a little oil over it. When heated, splash water and pour a ladle of the batter and spred it to the required thick consistency. Close it with a lid. When cooked leave it open for a while and then flip it to cook on the reverse. Bread dosa being cooked Dosa being cooked on the reverse
Makes 8-10 dosas
Good to remember:
1. Use fresh bread for the dish.
2. I have grind green chili in the mixie. One can even add finely chopped green chili.