Makes : 6 parathas
Time taken: 30 minutes
I thought of giving a try to mushroom paratha for breakfast with a combination of peas and paneer. Mushroom turns out to be extremely delicious and tasty when you add a list of masala to it. It is also a healthy ingredient for those who are on a weight loss programme as it contains minimum calories!!!!but of course i have added a little paneer to it for extra flavour.
This Mushroom-peas paratha is very easy to prepare even for working women as it is hardly time consuming and also can be an excellent lunch box . I have already put up a few Mushroom dishes like the Mushrrom masala, Mushroom Almond rice and a few more. Here goes the recipe….
What you need to have:
1. Grated Mushroom – 1/3 cup
2. Crumbled paneer – 4 Tablespoons
3. Cooked & mashed Green peas – 1/2 cup
4. Chopped Green chili – 1 Teaspoon
5. Grated Ginger – 1 Teaspoon
6. Curds – 1/3 Cup
7. Whole Wheat atta – 1 and 1/4 Cup
8. Salt – As needed
What you do with what you have:
1. Wash and grate mushroom, Cook green peas in the Microwave oven and on cooling crush it, grate paneer , chop green chili fine, peal and grate ginger fine , chop cilantro and keep it aside as shown in the above image.
3. Combine and make a soft dough while kneading well with your hands. Pinch out a lemon size ball and roll it dusting in plain atta a bit roll it to the required thickness. Paratha dough, pinched out ball & the rolled roti
7. Transfer it to a serving plate and enjoy with pickle, butter and flax seeds chutney powder or any side dish of your choice. Ready to serve Mushroom paneer & peas paratha with lemon pickle and butter
Makes : 6 paratha
Time taken : 30 minutes
Good to remember:
1. Mushroom should be fresh for taste and texture.
2. One can even use frozen peas as it is easy to cook .
3. Let the curds be sweet. I have used fat free curds.
4. Softer the dough soft the parathas are.