Time taken: 30 minutes(excluding soaking of the millet)
I have already put up detailed introduction to this wonderful millet in my earlier recipes namely Barnyard Millet Masala Upma, Idli, Dosa and Spicy pongal/kichadi. So without formally introducing this ingredient, let me put up vermicelli recipe today.
What you need to have:
1. Barnyard millet – 1 Cup
2. Fresh grated coconut – 1/2 Cup
3. Salt – As needed
4. Water in all -1 and 1/2 Cup(including 1 cup to soak)
What you do with what you have:
1. Wash and soak millet in 1 cup of water for about an hour. Grind it along with water and fresh grated coconut in the mixer to a fine consistency.Soaked millet & coconut being tratransferred a mixie bowlThe grind vermicelli batter
5. Transfer into vermicelli mould and press it and the vermicelli is as shown in the image below. Relish it with coconut chutney of your choice. Ready to serve Barnyard millet vermicelli with coconut chutney
Time taken : 30 minutes(excluding soaking of the millet)
Good to remember:
1. Do not soak millet for long time.
2. Add only the necessary quantity of water else the dish may turn sticky.
3. Feel free to adjust quantity of coconut.