Makes : 15-18 of the above size
Time taken: 1 hour(other than soaking of the bean)
Black bean is a small tiny shiny variety of common beans especially popular in Latin American cuisine. They are often called simply Black beans. This Black beans has a dense meaty texture which makes it popular in vegetarian dishes such as the Mexican-American black bean Burrito.It is a very popular bean in various regions of Brazil and is used in the national dish, Feijoada. The Black bean is also a popular soup ingredient. In Cuba Black bean soup is a traditional dish served with white rice.
I bought it from U.S and i tried out this spicy patties in combination with Sweet potato which was liked by all at home and i also prepared a gravy dish which i will put it up in a couple of weeks later.Here it goes….
What you need to have:
1. Black bean – 1/2 cup
Ingredients of Seasoning:
1. Chopped onions – 1 and 1/2 cup
2. Garlic pods – 6-8(crushed)
3. Red chili powder – 1 and 1/2 Teaspoons
4. Turmeric powder – 1/2 Teaspoon
5. Dhania-jeera powder – 1 Teaspoon
6. Garam-masala powder – 1 Teaspoon
7. Bread crumbs – 1/2 Cup
8. Grated cheese- 1/2 Cup
9. Chopped cilantro – Ahandful (garnishing)
10. Powdered oats – 1/2 cup
11. Lemon juice – 1/2 Teaspoon
12. Olive oil – 2 Teaspoons(for seasoning)
13. Salt – As per taste
What you do with what you have:
1. Wash, peal and grate Sweet potato and keep it aside as shown in image-2.
2. Cook it in the cooker without adding water till done as shown in image-3. Wash and cook Black bean as well in the cooker adding required quantity of water till soft and is shown in the same image along with sweet potato.
7. Just mix and add grated cheese, cilantro and oats powder to it and check for salt. Finally switch of the flame and add lemon juice. Grated cheese, chopped cilantro, & oats powder being added to the mix
12. Flip and fry it on the reverse till done, splashing oil when needed. Transfer them to a serving plate and relish with tomato ketch up and pudina chutney. Yummmm Patties being flipped and shallow fried Ready to serve Spicy Black bean patties
Time taken:1 hour(other than soaking of the bean)
Good to remember: 1. Sweet potato should be cooked with out adding water for better taste.
2. Black bean is very hard and should be cooked till soft. Else it is hard to crush it to get to the required consistency to make a homogeneous mix to make patties.
3. One can even deep fry it .