Time taken:1 hour
Cauliflower the favorite veggie of one and all needs no introduction at all. You’ll want to include cauliflower as one of the cruciferous vegetables you eat on a regular basis if you want to receive the fantastic health benefits provided by the cruciferous vegetable family. Read more about the health benefits here.
I have already put up cauliflower paratha, cauliflower stir fry, fried pakoras etc. Today I would like to put up Cauliflower biriyani which tastes yummy and easy to prepare as well. Here goes the recipe.
What you need to have:
1. Basumati rice – 1 cup
2. Water – 2 cups (to cook rice)
3. Cashew pieces – a few
4. Ghee – 1/2 teaspoon (to fry cashews)
5. Florets – 2 cups
6. Green peas – 1/2 cup
Ingredients of seasoning & garnishing:
3. Cooking oil – 1 tablespoon
4. Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
5. Chopped onions – 1 cup(for seasoning)
6. Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
7. Red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
8. Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
9. Garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon(home made)
10. Tomato -1 (to be pureed)
11. Chopped cilantro- a handful(for garnishing)
12. Salt – to taste
Ingredients of masala and seasoning:
1. Cloves – 2-3
2. Cinnamon – 1 piece
3. Cardamom – 1
4. Green chili – 1
5. Ginger – 1 small piece
6. Garlic pods -2-3
What you do with what you have:
1. Wash and chop cauliflower into medium size florets and soak it in salt water for about 10 minutes. Drain it and keep it aside along with frozen green peas/fresh peas. Chopped florets and green peas
2. Wash and drain water from rice and keep it aside. Place cooker with 1/2 teaspoon ghee in it. When heated, add cashew pieces to it and fry till light brown and crispy. Cashews being fried till crispy
Time taken: 1 hour
Good to remember: 1. Use fresh Cauliflower for the dish for best results.
. 2. Cook rice so that grains are separate. Please do not over cook.
3. The unique grinding of whole garam masala ingredients along with green chili, ginger garlic enhances the flavour of biriyani 4. Adding curds to salad is one’s choice.