Ready to serve Matki in creamy gravy
Time taken: 45 minutes(other than sprouting)
Matki in marati is Moth Bean in english is another legume which tastes great when sprouted and has a unique flavour. Moth bean masala(Matki masala) is another popular dish which is a good combo for Jwari roti, chapati etc and i have already put up on this blog a couple of years back and also “Matki masala” a street food too a couple of months back which is well accepted by viewers. I would like to put up Sprouted Matki in a creamy gravy which i prepared a couple of times at home and tasted great too!!Here is my version of the recipe….
What you need to have:
1. Sprouted Matki – 2-3 cups
2. Chopped onions – 2 cups
3. Chopped tomatoes – 1 cup
4. Ginger-garlic paste – 1/2 teaspoon each
5. Garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon (home made)
6. Red chili powder – 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
7. Dhania-jeera powder – 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
8. Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
9. Cashews -5-6(to grind to paste)
10. Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon(to garnish on frying)
11. Cilantro – 2 teaspoon (to garnish)
12. Cooking oil – 2 tablespoon
Other ingredients of the dish
What you do with what you have:
1. Wash and chop tomatoes, peal onions and chop it fine and keep it aside.
2. Cook sprouted Moth bean in the cooker adding required quantity of water till soft. On cooling transfer it to plate/bowl.
Sprouted Moth bean being cooked in cooker
Cooked moth bean
Chopped onions being fried till transparent
Chopped tomatoes being added
7. Grind soaked cashews in the mixer to a fine consistency and add this mix to the masala mix in the skillet and bring it to boil till a pleasant aroma of the masala mix oozes out. Grind cashew being added to the masala mix in the skillet
8.Now add cooked Matki from step-2 to it and add a little water to make a suitable gravy required and bring it to boil on low flame checking for salt. (Mash a portion of cooked matki to gain thickness to the gravy) Sprouted cooked matki being added
9. Place a spatula with 1/2 teaspoon cooking oil in it. When heated add cumin seeds and allow it to splutter and add it to the the above cooked matki mix. Garnish with chopped cilantro too. yummmmmmm!!!!!!! Enjoy with roti, chapati of your choice. Ready to serve sprouted matki in creamy gravy
Time taken: 45 minutes (other than sprouting)
Serves – 4-6
Good to remember: 1. One can replace Almonds in place of cashews .
2. Do cook matki well for best results.