Ready to serve Okra pulav
Time taken: 1 hour
Serves : 4-6
Bendekayi in kannada is Okra/Ladys finger in english and bhenda in konkani is a very old and popular veggie and is liked by all of us. I have already put up a few dishes like the okra dosa, okra stir fry, okra fry, Bhenda sagle and today i would like to put up yet another one pot meal to add to the long list of one pot meal on this blog and a rare one for sure. I tried it couple of times at home but to my surprise it was yummy…You too try it out for a picnic menu and enjoyyyyyyyy!!!!
What you need to have:
1. Basumati rice – 1 cup
2. Fresh chopped okra – 3-4 Cups
3. Chopped tomato – 1/2 cup
4. Chopped onion – 1 cup
5. Ginger-Garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
6. Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
7. Garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon(home made)
8. Red chili powder(Byadgi) – 1 and 1/2 teaspoons
9. Dhania-jeera powder – 1 and 1/2 teaspoons
10. Cilantro chopped – 2 Tablespoons ( for garnishing)
11. Salt – as per taste
Ingredients of seasoning & garnishing
What you do with what you have:
1. Wash and pat dry okra and chop it into 1″ pieces and keep it aside as shown in image-2.
Toasted Okra pieces
Rice being cooked in cooker
Chopped onions being fried
Chopped tomatoes being added
Ginger-garlic paste being added
The masala mix
Rice being added to the masala mix
Ready to serve okra pulav
Time taken : 1 hour
Serves : 4-6
Good to remember: 1. Use tender okra for better result and flavour.
2. Rice should be cooked right to coat the masala well so that it is not soggy.
3. The whole masala mix should be cooked in such a way that the oil should ooze out well to coat the masala to rice corns.