Makes -12-15 of the above size
Time taken: 1 hour
Oats is so popular these days as it is good from the health point of view. This is a perfect evening snack as it is rich in fiber due to oats and rich in protein because of Moong dal. I have already put up a few of the recipes like the oats upma, oats-poha upma, oats idli, to name a few and i tried out this tikki in combination with Moong dal, carrots etc. Here is my version of the recipe:
What you need to have:
1. Moong dal – 1/3 Cup
2. Oats – 1 Cup
3. Grated green chili & ginger – 1/2 Teaspoon+ 1/2 Teaspoon
4. Grated Carrots – 1/2 Cup
5. Yoguhrt – 2 Tablespoon or Lemon juice
6. Garam masala powder – 1/2 Teaspoon
7. Red chili powder – 1/2 Teaspoon
8. Turmeric powder – 1/2 Teaspoon
9. Chopped cilantro – 1 Tablespoon
10. Chopped Mint leaves – a Few(optional)
What you do with what you have:
1. Wash, peal and chop onions fine, grate carrots, chop green chili, ginger, cilantro, mint fine and keep it aside as shown in image-2.
2. Soak Moong dal in water for about 30 minutes and cook it in the cooker adding very little water till done. On cooling grind it in the mixer to a fine consistency.
Oats being powdered
All ingredients into a bowl
Homogeneous mix of tikki
Flattened balls being dusted in oats powder
Tikki being fried on the dosa skillet
Oats Moong dal tikki being fried on the reverse
Ready to serve Oats Moong dal tikki with sauce & mint chutney
Makes : 12-15 of the above size
Time taken : 1 hour
Good to remember:
1. Use minimum water to cook moong dal.
2. Do not add water while grinding dal.
3. One can use any vegetable of your choice.
4. Using mint is optional.
5. One can even deep fry the tikki if necessary.