Time taken: 1 hour
Serves : 4-5
Sweet corn is much loved at home in almost all forms. I like the specially roasted corn on the charcoal sprinkled with chili powder, salt and then brushed with lemon juice is excellent in its flavor. I normally pick it up when ever i find it on the cart on the road side at Mani-pal. I have already put up a few dishes like the kosambari, corn vada, pulav etc.., Today i would like to put up sweet corn curry with gravy which is a good combo with rice as well as chapati or even roti. Here is my version of the recipe….
What you need to have:
1. Sweet corn kernels – 1 and 1/2 Cup
2. Chopped Capsicum – 1 Cup
3. Chopped Onion – 1 Cup
4. Chopped tomatoes – 1 cup(to be pureed)
5. Green chili split – 2
6. Ginger garlic paste – 1 Teaspoon
7. Kasuri methi – 1 Tablespoon lightly crushed
8. Turmeric powder – 1 Teaspoon
9. Red chili powder – 1 Teaspoon
10. Dhania jeera powder – 1 and 1/2 Teaspoon
11. Garam masala powder – 1/4 Teaspoon (home made)
12. Fresh cream – 1 Tablespoon
13. Cashew-nuts – 5-6 (soaked in a little milk)
14. Chopped Cilantro – A handful
15. Salt – As needed
What you do with what you have:
1. Wash, peal and chop onions fine, Also wash and chop Tomatoes , cilantro fine and keep it aside. Soak cashews in milk and grind it to a fine paste. Slit Green chili and chop cilantro as well and keep it aside.
2. Place a broad skillet with 2 Tablespoons of cooking oil in it on medium flame. When heated add chopped onions to it and also little salt so that it is not burnt. Fry till it is transparent. Chopped onion being fried
3. When done, add slit green chili, ginger-garlic paste and chopped capsicum and saute for about 5 minutes.
Green chili, ginger garlic paste and chopped capsicum being added
Kasuri methi & other powders being added
Tomato puree being added
Corn kernels being added to the seasoning
Cilantro being added to the dish
8. Finally add grind Cashew-milk mix from step-1 to it and bring it to boil on simmering the flame. Finally add milk cream and bring it to boil on sim flame only. Check for salt and Garnish with cilantro. Yummmm
Grind Cashew-milk mix being added
Ready to serve corn curry
Time taken: 1 hour
Good to remember:
1. Use tender and fresh corn kernels for the dish
2. Use fresh milk cream for an awesome aroma.
3. Using soaked and pealed Almonds in place of cashews is also another option.
4. Check for salt before serving.