Pesarattu is the delicacy of our neighboring Andhra state which i have already put up a few years back on this blog. It is prepared in combination with Green moong, rice , ginger, green chili, cumin seeds and onion. Here to give a twist to the old traditional recipe i used tender American corn kernels and cilantro with other ingredients intact. The resultant being pesarattu dosa will be very yumm and tastes heavenly!! Do give a try…..
What you need to have:
1. Green gram (Moong) – 1 Cup
2. Raw rice – 2 Tablespoons
3. Sweet corn kernels – 1/2 Cup(tender)
4. Green chili – 2
5. Ginger – 1″ piece
6. Cumin seeds – 1 Teaspoon
7. Onion – 1 medium
Ingedients of Corn-Green moong Pesarattu
What you do with what you have:
1. Soak Moong and rice in water for about 6-8 hours(say over night). Drain water and Grind it along with onion, corn kernels, ginger,green chili, cumin seeds and cilantro in the mixer adding water in steps to a fine consistency. The consistency of the batter should be thick. Adding salt , transfer it to a bowl.
Corn-Green moong pesarattu batter
2. Place a dosa skillet on medium flame. On heating add a few drops of oil and rub it with a coconut coir or a kitchen towel. Immediately splash a little water and on drying, simmering the flame, pour a ladle of batter and spread it with the back of ladle to required thick/thin consistency to shape it into a round disc like dosa. Splash a little oil.
Corn-moong pesarattu being fried
Pesarattu being flipped to fry on the reverse
Ready to serve Corn-moong pesarattu with chutney
Makes : 10-12
Time taken: 30 minutes(Excluding soaking & grinding)
Good to remember:
1. Soak it over night to grind to a fine consistency to relish a yummy dosa.
2. Corn should be tender to get combined with the batter as the ripe ones will have fiber like structures which will be a hindrance.
3. Flipping the dosa should be only for 2 minutes.