The Mushroom and the Green peas are the most popular veggie which while combined with masala can make wonderful and tasty dishes. I have already put up a couple of dishes like the mushroom fried rice, Almond peas masala, peas pulav, peas paratha etc and also one version of Mushroom peas masala and this is the second version of the restaurant style with a gravy!!!Here goes the recipe…Do try it out!!!
What you need to have:
1. Sliced Mushrooms – 2 Cups
3. Chopped Onions – 1/2 Cup
4. Chopped Tomatoes – 1/2 Cup
5. Cashews/Almonds – 1/4 Cup
6. Milk – 1/4 Cup
7. Cloves – 3
8. Cinnamon -1″ piece
9. Cumin seeds – 1 Teaspoon
10. Garlic pods – 2 Chopped fine
11. Ginger – 1″ piece
12. Turmeric powder – 1 Teaspoon
13. Dhania jeera powder – 1 Teaspoon
14. Garam masala powder – 1/2 Teaspoon
15. Red chili powder – 1 Teaspoon
16. Salt – As needed
Other ingredients of the dish
What you do with what you have:
Chopped tomatoes, onions, cilantro and others
2. Place a wide pan with 2 Tablespoons of cooking oil in it on medium flame. When heated add cumin seeds to it. Once it splutters add cinnamon and cloves to it. When done add chopped onions to it and a little salt as well so that it does not burn.
Chopped onions being fried
Chopped tomatoes being added
All powders & pastes being added
Cashew paste being added to the masala seasoning
Peas and mushrooms being added to the gravy
Mushroom peas masala with chapati
Time taken: 1 hour
Good to remember:
1. Use fresh mushroom for the dish. One can even use frozen peas/fresh peas for the dish.
2. I did not have sufficient time to soak Almonds and hence used cashews which soaks faster.
3. I have not used tomato sauce as it is used in the recipe since i thought it would be too tangy.