Ready to serve peanut chakli
Time taken: 45 minutes in all
Peanut/kadlekayi,/nelakadle in english, kannada and konkani respectively. A very popular species in the legume family. it is a very popular and used in many snacks and also used in the preparation of burfi, mixtures, also eaten either raw, roasted with skin or even fried applying a different variety of masala!!! I would like to put up peanut chakli which tastes yummmy to relish with a cup of tea/coffee!!!!
What you need to have:
1. Rice atta – 1 Cup
2. Peanuts – 1/2 Cup)to be roasted and grind to paste with water)
3. Dalia dal/Hurikadle – 1/4 Cup
4. Cumin seeds – 1 Teaspoon
5. Red chili powder – 2 Teaspons
6. Asafoetida powder – 1/4 Teaspoon
7. Cooking oil – 2 Talespoon
What you do with what you have:
3.Transfer the roasted peanuts in the mixy bowl adding a little water and grind it to a fine consistency. Powder dalia dal in the mixer to a fine consistency. Sieve it with rice atta a couple of times so that it is incorporated well. Transfer all the ingredients to a wide bowl.
All ingredients transferred to a bowl
Ready to fry peanut chakli
5. Place a wide skillet with cooking oil in it. On heating fry chakli till crispy and till the hissing noise stops and flip it on the reverse too!!!
Ready to serve Peanut chakli
Time taken: 1 hour in all
1. Use fine rice atta else chakli dough wil not be elastic enough to make the spirals and will break in between.
2. Grind peanut adding very little water to a fine paste.
3. The purpose of warming up dalia dal is to grind it to a fine powder.