Alu/potato and palak are two most popular veggies and when combined will make wonderful dishes. I have already put up a few dishes like the palak soup, palak paneer, palak moong dal masala], palak lachha paratha etc.., Today i would like to put up Alu-palak tikki which tastes really yummy when relished with either sweet chutney and coriander chutney or the tomato sauce alone!!! It is your choice to either deep fry or shallow fry. Do try out!!!Here it goes…
What you need to have:
1. Chopped palak – 2 Cups
2. Boiled potatoes/grated – 1 Cup
3. Chopped onion – 1 Cup
4. Ginger paste – 1 and /2 Tablespoon
5. Green chili chopped – 2-3
6. Chopped cilantro – 2 Tablespoons
7. Bread slices crumbled- 3-4
8. Dhania-jeera powder – 1 Teaspoon
9. Garam masala powder – A pinch (home made)
10. Lemon juice – 1 Tablespoon
11. Salt-as needed
12. Toast powder – as needed
What you do with what you have:
1. Peal and cook potatoes either in the cooker or in the microwave oven. On cooling crush it with your hands or you can even grate it. Wash and chop cilantro, green chili and keep it aside. Wash, peal and grate ginger too. Wash,peal and chop onions fine and keep it aide.
2. Wash palak with several changes of water drain and chop it fine too. Transfer all the chopped and grated ingredients to a wide bowl adding salt and mix it with your hands without adding water.
Alu-palak tikki being fried on the reverse
Ready to serve Alu-palak tikki with tomato sauce
Makes : around 15
Time taken : 45 minutes
Good to remember:
1. Wash and clean palak thoroughly with a multiple change of water.
2. One can even push the tikki in the refrigerator and fry whenever needed.