Ready to serve Ragi-peanut laddoo
Makes – 10-12
Time taken : 45 minutes
Ragi is very popular in southern part of our country . Along with oats this is also one of the most nutritious and easily digestible food. It is now available and consumed by many people due to the fact that it is rich in calcium and protein and a good amount of iron too. It is low in fat and that too most of it is unsaturated fats. As any other grains it has its shade of good and not so good aspects. Ragi is often grind to a fine powder and sold as Ragi flour. I have used Ragi flour, oats and peanuts and also other ingredients for the laddoo here. I have halved the ingredients here. Here is my version of the dish.
What you need to have:
1. Ragi flour – 1 cup
2. Peanuts – 1 cup
3. Oats – 1/2 cup
4. Sesame seeds – 2 Tablespoons
5. Chopped jaggery – 1 and 1/2 cups
6. Pure ghee – Little less than 1/2 cup
What you do with what you have:
4. On cooling peal and powder peanuts to a coarse consistency along with pealed cardamom. Also dry roast sesame seeds in a spatula till it splutters. Coarsely powder oats too in the mixer. Pound roasted ragi flour and grated jaggery in the mixer so that it gets mixed ideally to make the laddoos. Transfer all the ingredients to a wide bowl and the laddoo mix is ready now.
Ragi-peanut laddoo mix in a bowl
Ready to serve Ragi-peanut laddoos
Makes – 10-12 laddoos
Time taken ; 45 minutes
Good to remember:1. Ragi flour, peanuts be fresh for best results.
2. Use fresh ghee for making the dish.
3. Roast all the ingredients ideally so that over doing may spoil the dish.