Ready to serve corn vada with tomato sauce
Time taken : 45 minutes
Makea : 10-15 of the above size
Sweet corn is one of the favorite of the younger generation. It can be a street food when dry roasted on coke and a splash of chili powder, salt and lemon juice being sprinkled, it tastes out of the world and feels tempting too. I am always a fan of this corn veggie. I have already put up a few dishes like the corn cutlet, stir fry, corn usli , corn pulav and today i thought of a jatpat tiffin for evening and really tasted yummyyyyyy!!!Here it is:
What you need to have:
1. Sweet corn kernels – 1 cup
2. Peanuts – 1/4 cup
3. Onion chopped – 1/2 cup
4. Besan atta – 2 Tablespoons
5. Rice atta – 1 Tablespoon
6.Green chili – 2
7. Ginger – 12/’ piece
8. Garlic pods – 1 or 2
9. Cumin seeds – 1/2 Teaspoon
10. Chopped cilantro – 2 Sprigs
11. Salt – As per taste
Ingredients of sweet corn vada
What you do with what you have:
1. Wash, peal and chop onions and keep it aside. Remove the corn kernels from the whole corn roll.
2. Warm up peanuts in a skillet in such a way that you are able to peal it. Powder it in the mixer to a medium coarse consistency.
3. Grind corn kernels, grated ginger, green chili, garlic pods, in the mixer without adding water to a coarse consistency.
All ingredients in a bowl
The dough being shaped into flat vada
6. Place a wide skillet with cooking oil in it on medium flame. When heated drop the vadas one by one in a row. Flip and fry till it turns brown and crispy!!!
Corn vada being flipped and fried
Ready to serve sweet corn vada with tomato sauce
Makes -10 15 of the above size
Time taken: 45 minutes
Noye: 1. Use fresh corn kernels for better taste and flavour.
2. Use limited garlic pods as it stinks badly.
3. warming up peanuts should be on low/sim heat only so that it should not be roasted.
4. Always fry on medium heat only.