Ready to serve Green gram cutlet
Makes – 20 of the above size
Time taken – 45 minutes(other than soaking & sprouting)
Sprouted grains play a main role in daily lunch menu and i prefer to add to my tiff-in menu too. I have already put up Sprouted moong pulav, moong ghashi, Sprouted moong salad, sprouted matki masala etc and today i would like to put up this healthy cutlet to add to the long list of cutlets i have put up on this blog namely corn cutlet, veg cutlet, vermicelli cutlet, snake gourd cutlet etc.., Here it goes….
What you need to have:
1. Sprouted moong beans – 2 cups
2. Oats powder – 1/2 cup
Sprouted Moong bean & oats powder
Ingredients of Seasoning & Garnishing:
1. Green chili – 2 (optional)
2. Chopped onions – /2 cup
3. Red chili powder – 1 Teaspoon
4. Turmeric powder – 1 Teaspoon
5. Dhania-jeera powder – 1 Teaspoon
6. Pav bhaji masala powder – 1 Teaspoon
7. Grated ginger – 1/2 Teaspoon
8. Lemon juice – 1 Teaspoon
9. Chopped cilantro – A handful
10. Mint leaves – 3-4(optional)
11. Sugar – 2 pinches(optional)
12. Salt – As needed
13. Rusk powder – As needed ( to dust the cutlets)
14. Cooking oil – 2 Teaspoon for seasoning & little more for frying cutlets
Ingredients of Garnishing & Seasoning
What you do with what you have:
1. Soak green gram(Moong) in water for about 6-8 hours. Drain water and tie it in a dry cloth and keep it aside for another 6-8 hours. It will have been sprouted if you open it up. Grind it in the mixy to a coarse consistency without adding water Grind green gram being to a coarse consistency
2. Cook potato in the cooker as usual for 20 minutes till soft. When cooled peal and mash it and keep it aside. Wash and peal onions and chop it fine. Wash and chop cilantro, mint leaves and also grate green chili, ginger and keep it aside.
3. In the mean time dry roast on low flame till you get a pleasant aroma. On cooling, powder it in the mixer.
4. Place a wide skillet with 2 teaspoons of cooking oil in it on medium flame. When heated add chopped onions to it and required quantity of salt to it and fry till transparent. When done add chopped green chili and grated ginger to it and stir well.
Grated ginger & green chili being added to fried onions
All powders added in a row
All ingredients in a bowl
Cutlets being shaped
Ready to serve green gram cutlet
Makes -20 of the above size
Time taken : 45 minutes(other than sprouting)
Good to remember:
1. Use quality Moong bean to sprout properly.
2. One can use any sprouted grain for this dish. I have also used oats from health point of view but one can surely avoid if not essential.
3. One can even deep fry these cutlets but mine is always a shallow fried option.