Ready to serve Kashmiri pulav garnished with chopped cilantro & pomegranate seeds
Time taken : 45 minutes
Kashmiri pulav is unlike the normal pulav recipes will not be spicy. Even when we go to restaurants also we never order this kashimiri pulao as it will be slightly sweet. But i have tasted this in parties and buffets. This is actually a request recipe by a few readers of this blog and i borrowed it from one of my friends and a few tips i could incorporate on my own. It can be relished with any spicy side dish especially with paneer based gravy. Here goes my version of the recipe.
What you need to have:
1. Basumati rice – 1 and 1/2 cups
2. Saffron strands – 1/2 teaspoon
3. Milk – 1/2 cup
4. Butter or ghee – 2-3 Tablespoons
5. Cashews – 10-15
6. Raisins – 10-15
7. Cardamom – 10
8. Mace – 1
9. Cloves – 3-4
10. Sugar – 1/2 teaspoon
11. Chopped onions – 1 medium (2-3 tablespoons)
Other ingredients of Kashmiri pulav
What you do with what you have:
1. Soak rice for 4-5 minutes in water , strain and keep it aside.
2. Soak saffron strands in milk and keep it aside so that milk turns orange.
Dry fruits being fried in butter
Spices being fried in butter
Basumati rice being sauted
6. Add saffron milk from step-2 to it and just give a stir. Also add required quantity of water to it and cook till done.
7. Once done slowly give a stir with a wooden spatula so that rice corns are intact and the colour of saffron is uniformly spread. Add salt instantly so that the whole dish gets incorporated well with it. Transfer it to a serving bowl.
Pulav being cooked
Chopped onions being fried
Ingredients of garnishing :
1. Fries onions – A handful
2. Pomegranate seeds – as needed
3. Chopped cilantro – as needed
Ingredients of garnishing
10. Garnish with chopped cilantro and pomegranate seeds and enjoy with any side dish of your choice , preferably spicy for sure!!! We relished with shahi paneer dish.(sorry no photo) Ready to serve Kashmiri pulav garnished with chopped cilantro & pomegranate seeds
Time taken – 45 minutes
Note: 1. Use long grain Basumati rice for the dish.
2. Pomegranate is a must fruit to decorate the dish.
3.Saffron strands give extra flavour to the dish.
4. It is better to relish it with a spicy dish as the main dish is blant.