Time taken : 30 minutes
Serves : 2
Kantolas/Spine gourd also called phagil is available only for a couple of months in a year. I have already put up Deep fried and shallow fried Kantolas and Phagila koot on my blog a couple of years ago. Today i would like to put up yet another recipe the tasty and crunchy stir fried kantola(garlic version). It is very simple yet yummy too.!!!!
What you need to have:
1. Chopped kantolas – 2 cups
2. Red chili powder – 1 Teaspoon (less spicy)
3. Turmeric powder – 1/4 Teaspoon
4. Chopped Garlic pods – 4-5
5. Roasted Flax seeds powder – 1 Teaspoon
6. Cooking oil – 1 Teaspoon
7. Salt – As per taste
Ingredients of stir fried kantolas
What you do with what you have:
1. Wash and dry roast flax seeds in a spatula till it splutters and powder it on cooling.
2. Wash and chop kantolas into bite size pieces after deseeding if any which are very hard to bite . Peal garlic and chop it fine and keep it aside.
3. Place a skillet with 1 teaspoon of cooking oil in it on low flame. When heated just turn on flame to medium and add chopped garlic pods and fry till light brown. When done add turmeric powder, chili powder.
Seasoning in progress
4. When done add chopped kantolas lowering the flame and close it with a lid allowing it to cook till done adding salt.
Chopped kantolas being added to the seasoning
5. When cooked, finally add roasted flax seeds powder to it and just give a stir and is ready to serve. Enjoy it with rice and dalithoy!!!!
Flax seeds powder being added to the dish
6. Transfer it to a serving bowl for a closer view of the dish!!!Yummmmmmmmyyyy!!!! Enjoy with rice and dalithoy!!!
Ready to serve stir fried kantolas
Time taken : 30 minutes(since one needs to deseed the veggie)
Serves : 2
Note: 1. Kantolas are to be chopped and deseeded at times since the seeds are very hard to bite while consuming the dish.
2. Flax seeds powder gives unique flavour to the dish along with garlic for sure.
3. A best match with super “Dalithoy “.