Number of servings: 6
How long it takes: 1 hour
Mushrooms now play a vital role in the menu even among the vegetarian few. I have already put up mushroom masala, mushroom in coconut gravy, and today I am putting up this one pot meal version – mushroom fried rice. I make this mild, and have a gravy side dish like Vegetable Kurm to turn up the spice levels!
What you need to have:
1. Chopped mushroom – 2 cups
2. Cooked Basumati rice – 2 cups
3. Grated carrot – 1 cup
Ingredients of mushroom fried rice
Cooked Basumati rice
ingredients of seasoning & other ingredients
1. Chopped onions – 1 cup
2. Slit green chilli – 6-8
3. Ginger – 1″ piece
4. Garlic pods – 6-8
5. Cloves – 5-6
6. Cinnamon – 4-5 pieces
7. Cumin seeds – 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
8. Dhania-jeera powder – 1/.2 teaspoon
9. Garam masala powder – 3/4 teaspoon (home made)
10. Salt – as required
10. Cooking oil – 2 tablespoon
Ingredients of seasoning & other ingredients
What you do with what you have:
1. Wash, peel and chop onions lengthwise, wash, peel and grate carrots, also wash and chop mushrooms too and keep it aside as shown above. Wash and drain water from rice and cook it in the cooker as usual till done. On releasing of pressure allow rice corns to cool as shown above.
2. Place a wide skillet on medium flame with 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in it. When heated add cumin seeds to it. Once it starts spluttering, add cinnamon and cloves to it
Seasoning in progress
3. When fried, add ginger-garlic paste and slit green chili to it and give a stir.
Slit green chili & ginger-garlic paste being added
4. While being done, add chopped onions and salt required for the dish to it and give a stir at regular intervals so that the onions turn transparent.
Chopped onions being fried in seasoning
5. When done add chopped mushroom and grated carrots from step 1 and cook till done with a lid on top.
Chopped carrots & mushrooms being cooked
6. Add all powders as the veggies are cooked and stir well.
All powders added to the cooked veggie
7. Add cooked rice and mix well. Squeeze lemon juice and garnish with chopped cilantro and enjoy with any side dish of your choice!!!!! Yummmmm 🙂
Cooked basumati rice being added
Ready to serve mushroom fried rice
Good to remember:
1. Cook rice corns in such a way that each grain is separate.
2. If needed garnish with chopped cilantro.
3. One can even use tender french beans, green peas etc. if necessary.