How long it takes: 30 minutes
I am used to trying out new combinations for chutney powders as it is the best substitute to the regular wet chutney prepared at home. This was one such thing and it turned out well enough that it can go into the long list of Dry chutney powders on this blog. Off we go !
What you need to have:
1. Roasted Peanuts – 1 cup
2. Sesame seeds (Thil) – 1/2 cup
3. Cumin seeds – 1 tablespoon
4. Chili powder – 2-3 tablespoon
5. Garlic pods – 5-6
6. Tamarind – size of a gooseberry
7. Salt – to taste
Ingredients of peanut-sesame chutney powder
What you do with what you have:
1. Place a skillet and dry roast peanuts in it till you get a pleasant aroma andon cooling peal it and keep it aside.
2. Wash and dry roast sesame seeds in the skillet till it splutters and keep it aside Just mix chili powder to it when it is hot and stir it.
3. Transfer all the roasted and other ingredients to a bowl including pealed garlic pods, tamarind, salt and cumin seeds(raw).
All the ingredients of chutney powder
4. Grind the above ingredients in the dry grinder to a medium coarse consistency.On cooling store it in dry and air tight containers and use dry spoons always for serving too. Enjoy with rice and dal, idli, dosa and parathas. A healthy chutney powder indeed!!!!!
Ready to serve peanut-sesame chutney powder
Good to remember:
1. Always wash and then dry roast sesame for it to splutter well since if it does not splutter there is no aroma and will be raw.
2. As there is no copra it is relatively healthy too with raw garlic and cumin for digestion and aroma.
3. There is no need to separately warm up chili powder as when sesame is hot just pour it into the same skillet and stir in.