How long it takes: 45 minutes in all
Number of Laddoos: 20
Let me wish all the viewers of my blog “Happy diwali ” and thank you all for your continuing support as we enter the year 6 of blogging. In keeping with my Diwali tradition, let me put up a sweet recipe for this Diwali.
I have put up Coconut-Rava laddoo as Sankashti prasadam but this variation of Rava Laddoo is even easier to make, especially for those who want to make their first Diwali sweet ! Happy Diwali again.
What you need to have:
1. Upma sujee – 1 cup
2. Powdered sugar – 1 cup
3. Powdered cashews – 1/4 cup
4. Raisins – A handful(optional)
5. Cardamom – 10
6. Pure ghee – 1 Tablespoon
7. Milk – As required
Ingredients of instant rava laddoo
What you do with what you have:
1. Place a skillet with 1 teaspoon pure ghee in it and roast sujee till you get a pleasant aroma. Place a spatula with a little ghee in it and fry cashew powder in till light brown and crispy.
Sujee being fried with a little ghee
2. Place a skillet on medium flame with sugar in it and warm it up till it starts crystallizing. Cool it and powder the same in the mixer. Peel and powder cardamom along with sugar.
Sugar being crystalised
3. Mix powdered sugar, rosted sujee, roasted powdered cashews and fried Raisins in a broad bowl.
Roasted sujee, sugar powder &dry fruits being mixed in a bowl
4. Mix it and add luke warm milk to a part of it and tie round laddoos adding a raisin to it and there you have your yummmy laddoos. Enjoyyyyyyyyyy !
Good to remember:
1. Roasting sujee till you get a pleasant aroma enhances the flavour, while roasting sugar makes the Laddoos firm !
2. Adding roasted cashew powder is to avoid people from discarding it from the laddoos !
3. Do not warm milk to the laddoo mix since it will be difficult to tie laddoos. Hence add in parts and tie laddoos !