How long it takes: 60 minutes
Namkeens need no introducton. I have already put up Maida namkeen and Wheat atta namkeen (4 Diwalis ago !) before. This ginger namkeen I am putting up today is personally my favorite among the three – it comes with the wonderful aroma of ginger and spice from green chili paste. The crispness makes it all worth it !
What you need to have:
1. Maida – 1 cup
2. Ginger paste – 1 tablespoon
3. Green chili paste – 1 teaspoon
4. Butter – 2 teaspoon
5. salt – as per taste
6. Cooking oil to fry- 1 cup
Ingredients of Ginger namkeen
What you do with what you have:
1. Mix maida, salt and butter to form bread crumbs and then add ginger paste and green chili paste to it. Slowly add water to make a little hard dough and keep it covered for a while with a damp cloth.
2. Later pinch out small balls from the dough and roll out into small discs evenly and keep it aside. No matter how it shapes !
Dough, piched out balls & rolled discs
2. Place a skillet with 1 cup of cooking oil in it on medium flame. On heating add the discs in batches and fry on high flame till crispy and brown on both the sides.
Namkeens being fried
3. Crispy and fried ginger namkeens is ready to relish.
Ready to serve ginger namkeens
Good to remember:
1. Add water slowly to make the dough little hard so that the namkeens on frying will be crispy and colourful.
2. Adding butter is an option – one can even use cooking oil or pure ghee.
3. Always fry namkeens on high flame, so that it does not turn oily and will not turn soggy too.