Number of servings: 3-4
How long it takes: 30 minutes
I was served this banana stem kosambari (with rice and dal) in one of my friends place and I could not even recognize the ingredient until I had to explicitly ask. I got this Banana stem/Gabbo from our own garden and close on the heels of Banana Stem Bharith, I thought of sharing this recipe with you all today. As the veggie is fibrous it is also good for people suffering from constipation. Here it is:
What you need to have:
1. Chopped banana stem – 2 cups
2. Peanut powder – 2 tablespoon
3. Chopped onion – 1/2cup
4. Green chili – 2
5. Fresh grated coconut – 2 tablespoon
6. Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
7. Chopped cilantro – 2 tablespoon
8. salt- to taste
9. Cooking oil – 1 teaspoo
Finely chopped Banana stem
Other ingredients of the dish
What you do with what you have:
1. Chop banana stem very fine after removing all the fibers in it. Also wash, peal and chop onions fine, chop cilantro and grate coconut and keep it aside. Dry roast peanuts till you get a pleasant aroma. On cooling peal and powder it in the mixer and keep it aside along with other ingredients as shown in the above image.
2. Transfer all the ingredients in another broad bowl so that one is able to mix it well including salt.
All ingredients in a bowl
3. Squeeze lemon juice and transfer it to another bowl for a close view of the dish.
Ready to serve banana stem kosambari
Good to remember:
1. Banana stem should be fresh and tender as it is eaten raw.
2. Adding peanut powder is one’s option.
3. Curds can also be used in place of lemon juice.