Zuchini is a summer squash and somehow resembles cucumber. It is available and grown in plenty n the U.S. We can even have it raw but still I just tried a sauteed recipe which I am sharing here. Simple recipe, as simple as it gets.
What you need to have:
1. Sliced zuchini – 2-3 cups
2. Sliced carrots – 2 cups
3. onion sliced/chopped – 1/2 cup
4. green chilli slit – 1
5. basil powder – 1 teaspoon
6. oregano powder – 1/4 teaspoon
7. pepper powder – 1/4 teaspoon
8. peanut powder – 2 tablespoon
9. cooking oil/butter – 2-3 teaspoons
Sliced zuchini &carrots
other ingredients of seasoning
What you do with what you have:
1. Wash, peal and slice both zuchini and carrots and keep it aside as shown above.
2. Place a pan with 2 teaspoons of cooking oil in it on medium flame. When heated, add chopped onions and fry till transparent adding required quantity of salt to the dish. When done add slit green chilli and also add sliced carrots.
sliced carrots being cooked
3. When the carrots are cooked slightly add sliced zuchini and cook till done.
Sliced zuchini being added
4. When done add roasted peanut powder, basil powder, oregano powder, and pepper powder and saute well. Check for salt and serve hot with rice as a side dish.
Ready to serve sauted zuchini &carrot
Time taken – 30 minutes
Serves – 2-3