How long it takes: 30 mins
Number of servings: 4-5
I am adding this to the long list of wet chutney on this log and that too after a long gap. I have already put up a few dishes with capsicum style peppers like the Aloo Capsicum masala, Capsicum sukhe, Carrot-Capsicum salad, Capsicum roti, Capsicum Cashew curry, Babycorn capsicum masala and these have been popular to varying degrees – in fact Aloo Capsicum Masala is among the most popular posts on the blog. I have used yellow pepper in this post but you can use any of the others – red, orange or the classic green. This chutney is a good combo for Idli, Dosa, Roti and if you were concerned about this yet another coconut dish, well, no. No coconuts here !
What you need to have:
1.Chopped capsicum – 1 and 1/2 cup
2. Chopped onion – 1/2 cup
3. Kashmiri chili – 5-6
4. Roasted peanuts – 1/2 cup
5. Garlic clove-1
6.Tamarind – goosbery size
7. Jaggery – 1/2 tablespoon
8. Chopped cilantro – 2 tablespoons
9. Ginger – 1″ piece
10. Salt – as per taste
11. Cooking oil – 2 teaspoons
Ingredients of capsicum chutney
What you do with what you have:
1. Wash and chop capsicum, peal and chop onion, wash and chop cilantro, peal garlic, and keep it aside.
2. Dry roast peanuts till you get a pleasant aroma. Peal it on cooling and keep it in the same plate.
3. Place a skillet with 2 teaspoons of cooking oil in it on medium flame . On heating, add chopped capsicum and fry till soft. Also add chopped onions and also fry it till soft adding a little salt till done. Add all other ingredients to it.
Fried and all other ingredients
4. On cooling, grind it in the mixer to a medium fine consistency without adding water. Yum! Go for it with Roti, Dosa etc. !
Ready to serve Capsicum chutne
Ready to serve capsicum chutney with Roti
Good to remember:
1. Capsicum of any color can be used for the dish.
2. One can even change the quantity of onion, garlic as per your taste.