Apple juice is a great thirst quencher! No matter where you are, what the occasion is or what time it is, apple juice just works ! ( ok, may be those bottled juices in flights). A great source of vitamin A and C, it is often mixed with other juices to create interesting mocktails. This recipe is an instant shake recipe – which means you go the market, buy apples, come home and make this !
How long it takes: 15 mins (probably excluding a visit to the market !)
Number of servings: 2
What you need to have:
1. Chopped Apple – 1 cup
2. Almonds -4
3. Milk – 1 Cup (skimmed milk/powder milk)
4. Sugar – 1 Teaspoon (optional)
What you do with what you have:
1. Wash and peal apple and chop into bite size pieces after removing the seeds too.
2. Soak Almonds in water for about an hour and peal it .
3. Add chopped Apple, pealed Almonds, sugar into the mixer bowl and run the mixy till smooth. Add milk in steps to get the required consistency. Add a few strings of Saffron and sip it either cold or at normal temperature. Yummm, yeah its that simple.
Good to remember:
1. Sweet apple should be used for this juice, else milk may curdle.
2. Sugar is an option depending on how sweet the apples are. I have used powder milk for the purpose. Even normal milk can be used.
3. One can replace Saffron with cardamom.