Number of Parathas: 7-8
How long it takes: 45 minutes
What you need to have:
1. Corn Kernels – 1 Cup
2. Green chilly – 2-3
3. Ginger – 1 ” piece
Fresh Sweet Corn
Other ingredients of seasoning & stuffing:
1. Potato boiled – 1 (medium)
2. Chopped Onion – 1/2 Cup
3. Cumin seeds – 1/2 Teaspoon
4. Turmeric powder – 1/2 Teaspoon
5. Cilantro chopped – A handful
6. Lemon juice – 1 Teaspoon
7. Salt – To taste
What you do with with what you have:
1. Peal and separate the kernels and keep aside as shown in image 2. Grind it with green chilly, ginger and cumin seeds in the mixer to a medium coarse consistency without adding water but adding a little salt.
2. Place a skillet with 2-3 Teaspoons of cooking oil in it on low/medium flame. When heated, add chopped onions and a little salt and fry it till transparent.
Chopped Onions frying
3. When done add turmeric powder and also add grind kernel mixture from step 2 to it and stir well at regular intervals till it thickens and does not burn. In the mean time cook potato in the cooker as usual till soft and allow it to cool. On cooling, peal it and grate and keep it aside.
Grind Kernel mixture being cooked in the seasoning
4. When cooked add grated potato from step 3 to it and also add chopped cilantro and stir it. Switch off the flame and squeeze lemon juice to it. Check for salt.
Grated potato & cilantro being added
5. On cooling, make round balls with the stuffing and is as shown in the image below.
Stuffing being shaped into round balls
Ingredients of the outer dough:
1. Wheat Atta – 1 and 1/2 Cups
2. Cooking oil -4 Teaspoons
3. Salt – As per taste
Ingredients of the outer dough
6. Sieve, salt and add required quantity of water to make a paliable soft dough. Pinch out round balls from the dough and roll it into small discs. Place the round balls of the stuffing from step 5 into it and join the edges so that the stuffing does not come out.
Pinched out ball & the stuffing placed
7. Dust the stuffed ball in atta and roll it to the required thickness on a thick plastic sheet.
Rolled Sweet corn paratha
8. Place a skillet on medium flame. On heating splash a dollop of ghee/butter or cooking oil on it and place the rolled paratha on it and fry it till done.
Paratha being roasted
9. Flip and spalshing butter /oil fry on the reverse too.
Paratha being roasted on the reverse
10. Enjoy hot either with Tomato sauce or even with Amul butter & chutney powder.
Sweet corn Paratha with Tomato sauce
Good to remember:
1. Corn kernels should be tender enough and also fresh.
2. One can even use any other powders of her choice. I have not used any to get the flavour of kernels.
3. Use always American sweet corn for the dish.
4. Using Potato to get the right texture for the stuffing.