Ripe Mango Gojju
How long it takes: 15 min
Number of servings: 2
The Mango season is in full flourish now, making it easy to experiment with this lovable fruit. I thought of putting this up as it is a very easy dish for the beginners and amateurs. In summer, I typically like to prepare either salads or gojju which need no cooking and that will be also pleasant for lunch in the noon when it is very hot. This dish ideally needs wild tangy and sweet mangoes with pulp. One can enjoy it with dal and rice.
What you need to have:
1. Mangoes – 4
2. Green chilly – 2
3. Jaggery (chopped) – 2 Teaspoons
4. Salt – As per taste
5. Fresh grated cocnout – 1 Teaspoon
5. Mustard – 1/2 Teaspoon
6. Curry leaves – 2-3 Strings
Ingredients of Mango Gojju
What you do with what you have:
1. Wash, peel and squeeze the mangoes in a bowl. Also add a little water to the skin and squeeze out juice if any. Wash and chop green chilly into two pieces so that it is convenient to fry in oil. Chop jaggery as well and keep it aside.
2. Place a spatula 1/2 Teaspoon cooking oil in it on low flame and fry chopped green chilly in it for a while. When cooled just squeeze it with salt and jaggery in a separate bowl and mix it to the mango pulp from step-1.
3. Place a spatula with 1 Teaspoon of cooking oil in on low flame. When hot, add mustard seeds to it. Once it splutters, add curry leaves to it and season it to the mango pulp from step-1 to it. Place squeezed mango in it and dip it in the gravy and enjoy. Finally add fresh grated coconut too. Enjoy with rice and dal.
Ready to serve Ripe Mango Gojju
How long it takes : 15 minutes
Number of servings :2
Good to remember:
1. Always use pulpy, tangy little sweet mangoes for this dish. (Quality mangoes like the Alphonso will not be good for the dish since it is too sweet.)
2. Jaggery will make the dish tastier.
3. Seasoning with mustard and squeezing it in the dish will add flavour and aroma.
4. Use water to bring it to the required consistency.