Peanuts are a popular time pass snack. I have already put up Masala Peanuts (with and without garlic), peanut laddoos and peanut chikki etc. Today I am putting up Peanut-Oat laddoos which are once again good from health point of view as well as easy to prepare. Here it is:
What you need to have:
1. Peanuts – 1 cup
2. Oats – 1 cup
3. Grated Jaggery – 3/4 cup
4. White Sesame seeds – 2 Tablespoons
5. Cardamom – 4-5
Ingredients of Peanut-Oats laddoos
What you do with what you have:
1. Place a skillet on medium flame with peanuts in it. Dry roast it till you get a pleasant aroma. (When you just rub peanuts with your hands the skin should be pealed off easily.)
2. In the same skillet add oats and dry roast it on medium/low flame till it is done. (Oats changes the colour a little and turns crispy.)
Oats being dry roasted
3. Wash the sesame seeds and dry roast the same on medium flame till it splutters.
White sesame seeds being roasted
4. Peel and powder peanuts, powder dry roasted oats as well and grate jaggery too. Powder cardamom. Place all these ingredients in a broad based bowl so that it is easy to mix.
Laddoo ingredients placed in a bowl
5. Mix all the powders and knead it in such a way that one can shape it into laddoos.
Final laddoo mix
6. Apply strength and shape them into round laddoos and is as shown in the image below.
Ready to serve Peanut-Oats laddoos
Number of Laddoos: 25 laddoos
How long it takes: 45 minutes
Good to remember:
1. Do not over roast peanuts or oats. Roast instead on medium flame (of course adjusting based on your burner size)
2. Grate jaggery fine to get it mixed properly so that one can easily shape the laddoos as we do not use ghee etc.
3. Use quality jaggery to retain the colour of the laddoos and also to get the consistency for the laddoo mix to shape them.