Dalia Dal Laddoos
Dalia-Dal (roasted chick peas dal) is more commonly recognized by the mention of “Hurikadle” or “Putanibele” or “Chana dal”. This dal is normally used in the preparation of dry chutney powder, wet chutney in combination with coconut, also garlic wet chutney for masala dosa and also in almost all mixtures/chiwda and such savouries. In some places, people use it to thicken the gravy for wet masala as well. Today, I would like to put up the recipe for Dalia Dal Laddoos which taste really yummy and are easy to prepare.
What you need to have:
1.Dalia-Dal – 1 cup
2. Pure ghee – Little less than 1/2 cup
3. Sugar – 1/2 cup
4. Resins – A handful
5. Cashews – A handful
6. Cardamom – 4-5
Ingredients of Dalia Dal Laddoo
What you do with what you have:
1.Place a skillet on medium flame with dalia dal in it and dry roast it till you get a pleasant aroma. Make sure you do not burn it.
Dalia dal being dry roasted
2. Keep this aside, and in the same skillet, dry roast the sugar till it just crystalizes.
Sugar being dry roasted
3. On cooling, powder both dalia dal and sugar separately in the mixer. (Cardamom can be powdered with sugar).
Powdered sugar and Dalia-dal
4. Mix both the powders well. Warm up pure ghee in a spatula and pour it on the mixture. Fry cashews and resins in pure ghee separately in a spatula and add it to the mixture.
Laddoo mix with fried cashews and resins
5. Mix them and shape them into laddoos. Enjoy with tea or offer it as a sweet at a party. Yummmmmmm!
Ready to serve Dalia Dal Laddoos
How long it takes – 45 minutes
Number of servings – 10