Sweet corn is available in plenty and the most common street food available here also in Manipal now-a-days is the masala roasted Sweet corn and is really very yummy. Since charcoal is scarce at homes now, we are unable to prepare at home and enjoy the same. We can roast it in the oven but the taste and the flavour which we can feel and enjoy with that charcoal roasted sweet corn is really different. We prepare sweet corn pulav which i would like to put up today yet another variety of pulav and is really tasty.
What you need to have:
1. Basumati rice – 1 cup
2. Green peas – 1/2 cup
3. Corn kernels – 1 cup
Ingredients of sweet corn pulav
Ingredients of Seasoning:
1. Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
2. Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
3. Tej patha – 2
4. Green chillies – 2
5. Cashews – A handful
6. Resins – A handful
7. Chopped Onions – 2 (Medium)
8. Ginger-garlic paste – 1 Teaspoon
9. Turmeric powder – 1/2 Teaspoon
10. Chilli [powder – 1 Teaspoon
11. Garam masala powder – 1 Teaspoon
Ingredients of Seasoning
What you do with what you have:
1. Wash and drain Basumati rice and place it aside in a bowl.
2. Place a cooker with 2 Tablespoons of cooking oil in it on medium flame. When heated add mustard seeds to it. When it splutters add cumin seeds to it. Later on add tej patha, green chillies to it. Now add cashews, resins and fry till done.
Seasoning in progress
3. Add chopped onions and required quantity of salt to it and fry till transparent. Add ginger-garlic paste and stir for a while. When done add turmeric powder, garam masala powder, chilli powder in a row.
4. Finally add washed drained Basumati rice from step 1to it and just stir for a while. Finally add green peas, corn kernels and fry for a while in the seasoning. Add required quantity of water to it and close the lid and cook as usual for 25 minutes till done.
Corn pulav being cooked
5. Transfer it to serving plate and enjoy with tomato-onion raitha/salad. Yummy.
Sweet corn pulav with salad
How long it takes: 45 minutes
Number of servings: 4-5