I tasted the recipe at one of my friend’s daughter’s engagement and was very much eager to try it out at home. I prepared it 3-4 times and everybody liked it and so I thought of putting up the same on my blog to share the same with my fellow bloggers and it is almost the same in preparation like the sheera but caramalized sugar being aded to the cooked sujee gives a wonderful flavour and also the natural colour which is really amazing. Here it is:
What you need to have:
1. Upma Sujee (Bombay sujee) – 1/4 cup
2. Chiroti sujee – 1/4 cup
3. Cashews & Almonds – As required
4. Raisins – A handful
5. Pure ghee – 1/4 cup
6. Sugar – 1/2 cup
7. Cardamom – 3-4
Ingredients of Caramalised sugar sheera
Other ingredients of the dish
What you do with what you have:
1. Place a skillet with half the quantity of pure ghee in it on medium flame. When it stars melting add raisins, cashews and almonds to it and fry till done. When done add remaining ghee and upma sujee to it and after a while add chiroti sujee as well and fry till the raw smell disappears and you get a pleasant aroma.
Dry fruits & sujee being fried in pure ghee
Fried dry fruits and sujee mix
2. Place a bowl of normal water on the other burner and bring it to boil. Add this water to fried sujee dry fruit mix from step-2 to it cook it till smooth. Peel and powder cardamom and stir into it.
Cooked sujee dry fruits mix
3. Place a broad pan with sugar in it on medium flame. Add 1/4 teaspoon of ghee and keep stiring till it granulates. Once it starts granulates adjusting the flame allow it to caramalise on its own. Please do not burn it.
Sugar being caramalised
4. Pour cooked sujee from step 2 into it switching of the flame and stir it vigorously till it gets mixed up and is as shown in the image below. Enjoy hot and will be really yummmmmmmmmmm !!! One can enjoy at room emperature when cooled.
Ready to serve Caramalized sugar sheera
5. A closer view of the dish.
A closer view of the dish
How long it takes: 45 minutes
Number of servings: 3