Dill leaves ( Sabbasgi in Kannada and Sheppi bhaji in Konkani ) like the other greens is available in plenty these days. Health wise these leave are as good as any other greens. We prepare a few dishes like the idly, Dill leaves Chithranna and dry curry etc. This greens has a unique smell which quite frankly many people may not take too well to. But when I prepared Idly, it turned out great and good enough that I could actually offer to guests. Here they are, the Idlis.
Fresh Dill leaves
Ingredients of Sweet Dill leaves Idli:
1. Chopped Dill leaves – 1 cup
2. Raw rice Idly Rava – 1 cup
3. Fresh grated coconut – 1 cup
4. Chopped Jaggery – 3/4 cup (as per taste)
5. Kishmish – a handful
6. Cashews – a handful
7. Salt – a pinch
Ingredients of Dill Greens sweet idly
What you do with what you have:
1. Wash and chop dill green fine, grate coconut, chop Jaggery fine and keep it aside in a plate as shown in image 1.
2. Grind grated coconut and jaggery in the mixer adding water to a fine consistency.
3. Transfer the ground mix to a bowl and mix chopped dill greens cashews, kishmish and a pinch of salt to it and idli mix is as shown in the image below. Keep it aside for about 30 minutes. Sprinkle a little water while filling it into the idli mould.
Dill Leaves sweet idly mix
4. Grease idli mould with a little ghee or butter and fill in the mix .
Idli mix being filled in the mould
5. Place the filled mould in the cooker and as usual steam it for about 30 minutes till done.
Steamed Sweet Dill leaves sweet idli
Serve hot with Amul Butter or pure ghee.
Ready to serve Sweet Dill leaves idly with Amul Butter
How long it takes: 45 minutes
Number of Idlis: 8