What you need to have:
1. Idli rice rava – 1cup
2. Chopped Dill leaves – 1 cup
3. Grated fresh coconut – 2/3 cup
4. Green chilli-1
5. Ginger – 2″ piece
Ingredients of Dill leaves spicy idli
What you do with what you have:
1. Wash and chop dill leaves fine, grate coconut and keep it aside in a plate as shown in the image 1.
2. Grind grated coconut in the mixer adding water to a fine consistency. Transfer the ground contents to a bowl.
3. Mix rice rawa, chopped dill greens from step 1 to it. Chop green chilli and ginger fine and mix it to the idli mix. Add required quantity of salt to it.
4. Place a spatula with 2 teaspoons of cooking oil in it on medium flame. When heated, add mustard seeds to it. When it starts sputtering add Black gram Dal to it and once fried season it to the idli mix.
Spicy Dill leaves Idli mix
5. Grease the Idli mould and fill it with the idly mix.
Idli mix being filled in the mould
6. Place it in the cooker and steam it like the usual idlies for about 20 minutes. The steamed idlies is as shown in the image below. Enjoy with wet chutney of your choice or even dry chutney powder.
Ready to serve Dill leaves spicy idly and coconut chutney
How long it takes: 45 minutes
Number of Idlis: 8