I have already put up a few of the parathas (all parathas) like the Aloo paratha, Moongdal paratha and Methi thepla. Now here come another – spring onion greens which is very healthy and tasty. Spring onion greens are also used in the simple stir fry dish.
What you need to have:
1. Chopped spring onion – 1 cup
2. Wheat atta – 1 and 1/2 cup
3. Chick peas atta – 2 tablespoons
4. Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
5. Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
6. Garam masala powder – teaspoon
7. Dhania-Jeera powder – 1 teaspoon
8. Salt – To taste
9. Chopped coriander leaves – A handful
10. Oil to knead – 2 Tablespoons
11. Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
What you do with what you have:
1. Wash, chop spring onion greens and the small pearl onions at the tip of the greens and grind it in the mixie without water to a fine consistency.
2. Transfer ground spring onion from step 1 to a broad bowl and add wheat atta, chick peas atta, chilli power, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, dhania-jeera powder, salt, lemon juice, and cooking oil to it and knead it into a soft and paliable dough. Pinch out required quantity of the dough from it.
3. Dust the pinched out ball in wheat atta and roll it the required thickness on a thick plastic sheet.
4. Place a skillet on medium flame and sprinkle a little oil/ghee on it. When heated place rolled paratha from step 3 on it and roast it .
5. When done apply oil again ,flip and roast the other side as well.
6. When done enjoy with either amul butter and chutney powder or tomato ketchup.
How long it takes: 45 minutes
Number of Parathas: 8-10