Carrots is very good from the health point of view. In fact so healthy and recommended that we steam, mash and feed it to the kids as baby food when we start off with solid food for the kids. Apart from a few other salads (with Moongdal, with cabbage ) with carrots among the primary ingredients, I have also put up carrot halwa, carrot roti and fried carrot curry. Today I would love to put up a salad that has carrots in combination with capsicum and peanut powder. Tastes great and like most salads easy to prepare.
What you need to have:
1. Chopped Capsicum – 3/4 cup
2. Grated carrots – 1 cup
3. Chopped Onions – 1/2 cup
4. Roasted Peanut powder – 1/2 cup
5. Chopped green chill – 1 teaspoon
6. Fresh grated coconut – 1 tablespoon
7. Chopped coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon
8. Lemon juice – 0 1 teaspoon
9. Cooking oil for frying Capsicum – 4-5 teaspoon
Ingredients of salad
What you do with what you have:
1. Wash and grate carrots, coconut, chop capsicum, green chilly fine, wash, peal and chop onions fine and keep aside.
2. Place a spatula on medium flame and dry roast peanuts till you get a pleasant aroma.
Peanuts being dry roasted
3. On cooling peal the nuts and powder it in the mixer to a medium consistency and keep it aside with the veggies.
Grated veggies with peanut powder
4. Place a spatula with 4-5 teaspoons of cooking oil in it. On heating, fry chopped capsicum with a little salt sprinkled to it till done. (It is fried to avoid the raw smell.)
Chopped Capsicum being fried
5. Fully fried capsicum will look as under.
6. Transfer grated carrots, chopped onions from step 1 to a broad bowl and stir in peanut powder from step-3 to it. Also add fried capsicum from step 5 as well as chopped chilly and salt from step 1.
7. Finally squeeze lemon juice to it. Top it with chopped coriander leaves and grated coconut to the salad which is ready to serve.
Ready to serve Carrot-Capsicum salad
How long it takes: 45 minutes
Number of servings: 4-5