Mixtures are available in plenty in the super markets nowadays and it is called by different names in different places like the chow-chow, chivda, mixture and so on. Today I would like to put up the corn sweet and spicy mixture – common and popular.
What you need to have:
1. Corn – 3 cups
2. Cashews – 1/3 cup
3. Dalia -Dal – 1/3 cup
Ingredients of corn mixture
What you do with what you have:
1. Clean dalia dal, corn and keep it aside. Wam up Dalia dal in a skillet on medium flame to get rid of the raw smell. Dry roast curry leaves as well in the same skillet but make sure it does not change the colour.
2. Place a skillet with 3-4 teaspoons of ghee in it and fry cashews in it till it turns light brown.
Dry roasted & fried ingredients
3. Place a skillet with 3-4 cups of cooking oil in it on the flame and fry corns in it till it swells in it properly.
Corn being fried in oil
4. Transfer fried corn into a collander so that extra oil drains down.
Fried corns placed in a collander
Ingerdients of Masala:
1. Chilli powder – 1/2 teaspoon
2. Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
3. Garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
4. Salt – to taste
5. Sugar powder – 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
6. Dhania-jeera powder – 1/2 Teaspoon
Ingredients of Masala powder
5. Mix all the above mentioned masala powders in a plate. Mix fried cashews, corn and dry roasted dalia dal in a bowl and sprinkle the mixed masala to it. Also put in the dry roasted curry leaves to it.
Ready to serve Corn mixture is as shown in the image below. Serve with tea as snacks as well.
Ready to serve Corn mixture