Bread is a tea time snack for evenings since people donot have heavy tiffin during that time . I normally prepare vegetable curry stuffed sandwiches since it will be crispy and spicy to have it during Monsoon evenings, when there is a heavy down pour. The stuffing can be prepared in advance and pushed in the refregerator and can be roasted in the sandwich roasted when needed. First of all let me prepare the stuffing. We can even prepare sandwich by stuffing it with egg and also paneer etc.
What you need to have:
1. Grated carrots – 1/4 cup
2. Grated French Beans – 1/4 cup
3. Crushed Green Peas – 1/4 cup
4. Grated Potato – 1/4 cup
5. Grated Cauliflower – 1/4 cup
Ingredients of Sandwich stuffing
Ingredients of Seasoning:
1. Chopped Onion – 1/2 cup
2. Chopped garlic – 1 Teaspoon
3. Chopped coriander leaves – 2 Tablespoons
4. Lemon juice – 1 Teaspoon
5. Mustard seeds – 1 Teaspoon
6. Turmeric powder – 1 Teaspoon
7. Dhania-Jeera powder – 1 Teaspoon
8. Chilli powder – 1 Teaspoon
9. Garam Masala Powder – 1 Teaspoon
10. Salt – To taste
Ingredients for seasoning for stuffing
Bread slices and Amul butter
What you do with what you have:
1. Grate all the veggies and place it aside as shown in the image above
2. Place a skillet with 4-5 teaspoons of cooking oil in it on medium flame. When heated add mustard seeds. When it sputters add chopped onions and required quantity of salt to it and saute for a while till it turns transparent.
Chopped onions being fried for seasoning
3. When onions turn transparent add turmeric powder, chilli powder, Dhania-jeera powder, garam masala powder one behind the other and saute for a while. Add chopped garlic as well.
4. Finally add grated vegetable mix from step 1 to it and saute well.
Grated veggies being cooked in seasoning
5. Simmer the flame and leave it there for a while stirring ocasionally so that it doesn’t get burnt since no water is added to it.
Veggies being cooked
6. When cooked check for salt and squeeze lemon juice and add chopped coriander leaves .
7. Place the stuffing and spread on one of the slices and apply butter on both sides of the two slices of bread as shown in the image below.
Stuffing placed & butter applied on top & bottom of the sandwich
8. Place the above stuffed sandwich in the sandwich toaster and switch it on and let it turn crispy. Enjoy with Tomato sauce.
Ready to serve Bread sandwich & Tomato sauce
Time taken : 1 hour 30 minutes for all
Serves : 4-5 people