Pineapple is one of the fruits available only during the summer since it is grown locally here in a place namely Moodbidri. These Pineapple grown here are so huge in size that they vary from 5-6 kg by weight as well. More over this variety is very sweet and juicy. During the season we can even prepare juice adding preservatives to store for the whole year rather than buying it in the super markets . W e also prepare Murabba , Pineapple sasam, Gojju etc., Today i would like to put up Pineapple Pudding which is served for most of the functions nowadays with a scoup of Ice cream as well!!
What you need to have:
1. Chopped Pineapple – 3 cups
2. Sujee(thin) – 1 cup
3. Pure ghee – 1/2 cup
4. Sugar – 1 cup
5. Water – 1 and 1/2 cup
6. Saffron – A few strings
7. Dry fruits – As required
Ingredients of Pineapple Pudding
What you do with what you have:
1. Wash, peal and chop Pineapple into small pieces and keep it aside.
2. Place a skillet on medium flame with 2-3 Teaspoons of ghee in it and fry dry fruits till done.
Dry fruits being fried in pure ghee
3. Add remaining ghee and fry sujee in it on medium flame till you get a pleasant aroma. Make sure that you donot burn it.
Sujee being fried in pure ghee
4. Place a bowl with the required quantity of water and sugar and cook chopped pineapple in it till smooth. On switching off the flame add saffron strings to it.
Pineapple being cooked in sugar syrup
5. When cooked it would look as below.
Cooked Pineapple in sugar syrup
6. On sujee being fried in ghee mix cooked pineapple from step-5 to it and cook it till done. Decorate it with extra dry fruits and is as shown in the image below. Serve with a scoop of icecream of one’s choice if required!!!!
Ready to serve Pineapple pudding
How long it takes: 45 minutes
Number of servings: 3-4 people