Raw bananas – we prepare a lot of dishes like curry, chips, shallow fry and deep fried slices, chutney and also papads ! Today I would like to put up curry with garlic seasoning. It tastes great and is a good combination with either curd rice or with dal.
What you need to have:
1. Raw Bananas chopped – 3 cups
2. Tomato chopped – 1/3 cup
3. Pealed garlic pods – 15-20
4. Chilli powder – 2 Teaspoons
5. Turmeric powder – 1 Teaspoon
6. Dhania -Jeera powder – 1 Teaspoon
7. Chopped coriander leaves – 2 Tablespoons
What you do with what you have:
1. Peal and chop bananas lengthwise and soak in water for about 10-15 minutes.
2. Wash and chop tomato, coriander leaves and peal garlic pods. Crush them a bit and keep it aside.
Ingredients of Raw Banana curry
3. Place a skillet with 4-5 teaspoons of cooking oil in it on medium flame. When heated add crushed garlic pods from step-2 to it.
4. When fried to light brown add chopped tomatoes from step 2 and just stir for a while till it is fried.
5. Now add chilli powder, Turmeric powder and Dhania-Jeera powder one by one and stir well.
6. Add chopped raw banana from step 1, required quantity of salt, sprinkle little water and close the dish with a lid.
7. Keep observing to see that it does not get burnt. When cooked decorate it with chopped coriander leaves.
Ready to serve Raw Banana Curry
Serve hot with either dal rice or Curd rice.
How long it takes: 30 minutes
Number of servings: 3-4