Sabudana as you know has versatile uses. We prepare sweet pudding in combination with split greengram dal, Bengalgram dal, Vermicelli and also with Basumathi rice. This pudding is very popular even to this day for most of the functions. It is easy to prepare and tastes great !
What you need to have:
1. Sabudana (Sagu) – 1 Cup
2. Basumati rice – 1 Cup
3. Sugar – 1 and 1/2 Cup
4. Milk – 4 Cup
5. Cashews – 1/2 Cup
6. Kishmish – 1/2 Cup
7. Saffron strands – A few
8. Cardamom – 4-5
9. Pure ghee – 2-3 Teaspoon
Ingredients of sweet Sabudana pudding
What you do with what you have:
1. Place a broad based bowl on medium flame and add 1 teaspoons ghee in it. On melting add Sabudana to it and keep frying for about 5 minutes till it properly warms up. Transfer it to another bowl.
2. In the same bowl add one more spoon of ghee and fry Basumati rice and keep frying till it is also warmed up.
Warmed up Sabudana & Basumati rice
3. Transfer both sabudana and Basumati rice, cashews to pressure cooker. Add 6 glasses of water and cook as usual till done.
Cooked Basumati rice & Sabudana mix
4. On being cooked and the pressure being released , just transfer it to a broad based vessel and add required quantity of sugar and kishmish to it and put it on medium flame stirring continuously bring it to boil.
5. Dissolve saffron strands in a little warm milk and add it to the dish. Peal and powder cardamom and add it too. Lastly add desired quantity of milk and bring it to boil on a low flame stirring continuously, else it will get burnt.
You are done. I typically have some of it warm. Rest of it I serve chilled the next morning with milk and sugar.
Ready to serve Sabudana sweet pudding