Ready to serve Carrot Roti with Tomato sauce & chutney powder
Carrot is a vegetable that is often eaten raw. And then its also eaten mildly cooked smashed with food and fed to the kids since its too healthy not to. Finally, its also used to salads, halwa and used in Briyani/Pulav. What I am putting today is an uncommon use for carrots – Carrot Roti ! I prepare this with sujee – you can have the roti with your favorite chutney powder/tomato sauce.
What you need to have:
1. Bombay sujee – 1 and 1/2 cup
2. Grated carrots – 1 cup
3. Chopped Onion – 1 cup
4. Green chillies chopped – 2 Teaspoons
5. Ginger chopped – 1 Teaspoon
6. Fresh grated coconut – 2 Tablespoons
7. Chopped coriander leaves – 2 Tablespoons
8. Cumin seeds – 1 Teaspoon
Ingredients of Carrot Roti
What you do with what you have:
1. Wash , peal and grate carrots and keep it aside.
2. Wash and chop green chillies, ginger and coriander leaves fine and keep it aside. Grate coconut as well. Peal and chop onions fine.
3. Mix grated carrots from step 1 and all other ingredients from step 2 in a bowl. Add sujee to it and mix well. Pour required quantity of water to it and mix with your hands in such a way that the mix is as below and set it aside for 30 minutes.
Carrot Roti dough
4. Place a Dosa griddle on medium flame with 2 teaspoons of cooking oil in it. When heated place a little roti dough and flatten it to required thickness. Close it with a lid till done.
Roti being cooked
5. Reverse the roti and let it cook on the other side sprinkling oil on the sides of the roti till it turns crispy.
Roti being cooked on the reverse
6. Enjoy Roti with Tomato sauce & your favorite chutney powder.
Ready to serve Carrot roti with Tomato sauce & chutney powder
How long it takes: 45 minutes
Number of Rotis: 8