Pathrade – classic Karnataka recipe – is soemthing I have put up already. There is something about eating hot pathrades as a lunch side dish but once they have cooled you have another option – shallow fry them ! Unlike the conventional shallow fried items ( see example here ) where you need to prepare a masala powder, Pathrade has all the spices/masala flavor it needs – so all you do is apply sujee and optional turmeric powder.
What you need to have:
1. Pathrade slices – a few
2. Sujee – 1/2 cup
3. Turmeric powder – 1 Teaspoon
4. Salt – To taste Cooked Pathrade slices
Ingredients of Masala
What you do with what you have:
1. Mix sujee, salt, turmeric powder and apply it to each of the sliced pathrades.
Sujee mix being applied to pathrade slices
2. Place a skillet with 4-5 teaspoons of cooking oil in it. On heating, place pathrade slices in a circular shape one by the side of the other. Close with a lid applying oil on the sides.
3. After a while when it is done flip the slices to fry on the other side applying 4-5 teaspoons of cooking oil. When done serve hot with dal and rice. It will be really very yummy.
Shallow fried Pathrade