Peanuts/Groundnuts is tasty and loved by one and all in some form or the other – masala peanuts, candy bars, chikkis, peanut butter etc., We also steam the fresh, harvested peanut with skin adding salt and it really tastes yuimmy. Today I would like to put up another popular dish made out of peanuts – The peanut laddoos ! They take less than an hour to prepare !
What you need to have:
1. Roasted and halved peanuts – 2 cups
2. Jaggery (Gud)/Mollasses – 1/2 cup
3. Pure ghee – 2 teaspoons
4. Cardamom powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Ingredients of Peanut Laddoos
What you do with what you have:
1. Dry roast peanuts in a broad based bowl on medium flame till you get a pleasant aroma. Peal and powder cardamom and keep it aside.
2. Just crush the jaggery and set aside.
3. Place a wide bowl with 2 teaspoon pure ghee on medium flame. On melting add crushed jaggery from step 2 to this.
4. Keep stirring and as the jaggery starts melting pour a drop of it in a bowl of water. If the drop forms into a pearl like structure, just leave the syrup on the flame for another minute. We are close to done.
Roasted Peanuts in gud syrup
5. Switch off the gas and add both cardamom powder and roasted peanuts from step 1 to it.
Stir well and leave it for 2 minutes. Since gur/jaggery helps hold things together, laddoos can be tied easily without need for edible gum. Tie laddoos of required size and store it in airtight containers. It will remain afresh for even a fortnight.
Yummy, Crispy Peanut laddus
How long it takes: 25 minutes
Number of Laddoos: 25-30