People in Northen Karnataka, particularly Bijapur, Chithradurga etc. love having raddish/Muli raw with rotis, along with onion. If you are looking at alternate ways to have healthy raddish, maybe you should try this salad. Its easy and can be prepared in 20 minutes.
What you need to have:
1. Grated white Radish(Muli) -2 cups (Fresh)
2. Chopped onions-1/2 cup
3. Fresh grated coconut-2 Tablespoons
4. Chopped corriander leaves-A handful
5. Lemon juice-1 Teaspoon
6. Salt – To taste
Ingredients of Seasoning:
1. Mustard seeds – 1 Teaspoon
2. Asafoetida powder – 1/4 Teaspoon
3. Red chilly – 1
4. Curry leaves – 1 String
What you do with what you have:
1. Wash, peal, grate white radish and peal and cut onion lengthwise and keep it aside as shown in the image above.
2. Wash and chop corriander leaves, and also grate coconut and keep it aside as shown in the image above.
3. Transfer grated White Radish, chopped onion, corriander leaves and grated coconut into a serving bowl, add lemon juice to it and mix well.
4. Place a spatula with 2 Teaspoons of cooking oil in it on the flame. On heating, add mustard seeds to it. When it sputters add asafoetida powder, broken red chilly pieces and curry leaves to it and switch off the flame and season the same to the salad in step 3.
5. Mix salt while serving and ready to serve White Radish salad is as shown in the image below.
Enjoy it with rice as a side dish or with jwari roti.
Number of servings: 4
How long it takes: 20 Minutes