This burfi is ready in a span of just 30-40 minutes. It is prepared with a combination of Besan atta or Wheat atta , pure ghee, sugar, fresh grated coconut, and milk. As my mom always says – when all these quality and tasty ingredients are added and a burfi or a laddu is prepared, it has got to taste heavenly. So here goes the recipe of seven cups burfi. I have used Wheat atta here.
What you need to have:
1. Wheat atta – 1 cup
2. Pure ghee – 1 Cup
3. Sugar – 3 Cups
4. Fresh grated coconut – 1 Cup
5. Milk – 1 Cup
6. Cashews – 1/4 cup
What you do with what you have:
1. Grate cashews, powder sugar in the dry grinder & keep it aside. Also powder cardamom separately.
2. Place a wide based bowl on medium flame with 2 teaspoons of ghee in it and roast grated coconut till it turns out dry at which point you may shift it to another bowl.
3. Take some ghee in a bowl and add wheat atta and fry while stirring till you get a pleasant aroma.
4. Now add milk, grated cashews & powdered sugar from step 1, roasted coconut from step 2 to atta mix in step 3 and keep stiring till the mixture leaves the sides of the bowl. Add powdered cardamom from step 1 to it.
5. Spread it immediately on a wooden plank, cut it and is as shown in the image below.
Decorate it with a few strings of saffron and there you have your burfi !
Number of Burfi: 100 of above size
How long it takes: 45 minutes